Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Sheepherder's Twilight


The little village lad was returning from the field with his cattle. He was looking at the setting sun all his way back to his hut paying no heed to his surroundings. As you can tell, his mind was wandering off to a distant town. Looking for someone who was absent today. His playmate. Who he was missing perhaps. If he knew how to miss someone that is. And the sunset did its best to remind him of the yester week, two of them, gigling and walking, through the dust and mud, with naked feet and hands clasped with one another ..


I like sunset. But today it was no short of being an extraordinary. It was like the sky was painted with the color of my mind. Spreading my loneliness around through it's dusky hues and fading light. A beautiful shadow of melancholy reaching out to the whole canvas that I can see through my window. And as I was watching. In few minutes I realized am not sad anymore.

[ From the evening post .. ]

No comments: